Monday, February 14, 2011

In honor of President's Day next week.....another deep thought by Brooke

On the drive home from school today:

Brooke: Mom, I wish I could be just like George Washington.
Me (after chuckling in the front seat: You do? Why?
Brooke: Well you know what George Washington did.
Me: Please tell me what he did Brooke.
Brooke: He helps people WASH their hands. That's why he is George Washington.
Me: Wow I did not know that! How great!
Brooke: Yes, so if you got paint on your hands, George Washington will help you by washing them for you. That is why I need to be like him.

I would guess her teacher would not be pleased that other than knowing George Washington's name, that's about all she got out of the President's Day lesson today.

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha! I can just hear her telling you this story in her little voice : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of like the "turkey hat" that Ellie made at school for Thanksgiving! I don't think she grasped the whole Indians and Pilgrims thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...